Cynthia M. VerDuin, CPA
Owner and Founder, Hatfield CPA, LLC
Cynthia and her team specialize in tax and business planning and provide full accounting services for individuals, small businesses, not-for-profits and trusts.
With over 15 years of knowledge and experience Hatfield CPA, LLC brings value to clients by:
- Reviewing and researching tax issues of closely held corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates and individuals
- Accomplishing business and income tax planning for minimization of federal, state and local tax
- Preparing annual tax returns for individuals, trust/estates, Corporations, LLCs and Partnerships, and tax-exempt entities
Cynthia graduated from Kent State University with honors in 1990. She passed the CPA examination on the first attempt, achieved her license in 1992, and began practicing at one of the “Big Eight” accounting firms – Arthur Andersen. She has since practiced with local accounting firms prior to starting and growing her own three years ago. Hatfield CPA, LLC staff members include Jane Wiener, CPA, Accounting Manager and Yocheved Levin, Tax and Accounting Staff Member.
Hatfield CPA, LLC serves individuals, small businesses, non-profits, estates and trusts. The client list includes manufacturers, entrepreneurs, engineers and other service providers, medical professionals, construction and real estate investors, tax-exempt organizations, and high net worth individuals. These clients have benefited from Hatfield CPA, LLC services in a variety of ways:
- Saved over $90,000 in taxes due to prior accountant’s missed credits and deductions.
- Reduced taxes by $20,000-40,000 by applying cost segregation accelerated depreciation rates.
- Reduced individual taxes by $20,000-45,000 by applying unused carry forward passive activity and tax credits.
- Structured interstate companies to legally minimize state and local taxes.
- Assisted in employee retention and current tax reduction by implementing profit sharing and stock option plans.
- Accomplished tax audits without imposition of additional taxes.
- Provided annual budgeting, product costing analysis, structuring asset sale/purchase, and gift and estate planning.
- Provided tax advice and compliance for US companies with offshore ownership in India, Ireland, UK, Germany, Australia and Israel.
Cynthia’s affiliations include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- The Tax Club of Cleveland
- Treasurer Chagrin Falls Park Community Center Board 2004-2007
- Chair Finance and Stewardship Board of The Federated Church 2006-2008
- Member of the Legacy Committee of the Federated Church 2008-present
- Northeastern Ohio Balloon Pilots Association
- July 30th: Quarterly Payroll tax return filings
- August 9th: Commercial Activity Tax (CAT) for quarterly filers
- September 15th: Corporation, Partnership, Estate and Trust tax extension deadline
- September 30th: Quarterly Payroll tax return filings
- October 15th: Individual tax extension deadline